Making Jesus Marvel - The Gospel of Matthew
Topic: Christian Life Passage: Matthew 8:5–8:13
Read through Matthew 8:5-13 and then answer the questions below.
1. What are three purposes for the miracles of Jesus?
To demonstrate Jesus’ _________ for the sufferer. (Matt 9:36)
To demonstrate Jesus’ _________ and ________ as the Son of God.
To increase the ________ of those who observe/experience the miracle.
2. Where should our faith take us when we are in crisis? How does the centurion give us a humble example to follow? (Matt 8:5-8a)
3. Why does the centurion’s faith and understanding of authority make Jesus marvel? (Matt 8:8b-10)
- Where does true faith lead us to? What happens for eternity if we refuse to place our faith in Jesus? (Matt 8:11-12)
- What is the outcome of the centurion’s prayer of faith? How does that inspire you as you pray and seek Jesus? (Matt 8:6, :13)