Topic: Community Passage: Acts 2, Romans 10:14, 1 Corinthians 15:1–15:4, John 3:16
1. Describe in your own words how God dynamically engaged the culture in and through the disciples in Acts 2:1-13.
2. If the disciples had engaged the culture in the dynamic power of the Holy Spirit, yet instead of sharing the gospel, retreated back to the holy huddle of the upper room, how many people would have been connected to Christ that day? Why?
3. It has often been stressed that we are to “Preach Jesus, use words only when necessary.” This has often encouraged us to model our faith by our actions, while also encouraging us not to actually articulate the good news with our mouths. If we never share the gospel how will people come to know the good news? (Think of Romans 10:14)
4. Think of some creative ways that as life groups we can engage with neighbors and friends with the express purpose of connecting them to Christ. (i.e. barbecues, block parties, inviting them to church…etc.)
5. Think of some creative ways that each of you individually can engage with friends, family, co-workers, neighbors etc. with the express purpose of connecting them to Christ.
Try to keep your ideas focused on what a Life Group or an individual can do, as opposed to ideas focused on what Firewheel can do as a whole. Church wide events are great, but there may be better opportunities when Christians engage culture in the culture.