Marriage Part 5
Topic: Marriage Passage: Genesis 2:24, Ephesians 5:22–5:33
1. Describe who modeled marriage for you? What examples do you have for a godly husband or wife? Some do not have much in the way of godly examples, where do you turn to find godly examples of marriage?
2. In the message pastor Chris said that marriage is not about happy, it is about holy. What does that statement mean to you?
3. What does it mean to be “Spirit Filled,” and how will that be evident in your marriage and other relationships?
4. The Bible states that husbands are to love their wives as Christ loved the church. How does Jesus love the church? How does this apply to the role of husband?
5. The Bible states that wives are to submit to their own husbands as the church does to Christ. How does the church submit to Christ? How does this apply to the role of wife?
6. At the end of the message pastor Chris referred to a parable out of the gospel of Matthew (Matthew 22:11-14). When that day arrives, and as the church is presented to Christ, will you be dressed in a wedding garment?