Broken Relationships Part 3
Topic: Relationships Passage: John 21:1–21:18, 1 Peter 4:8, Ephesians 4:32
1. What are the three relationships that tend to fracture and break?
2. Why is it easier to say “it is what it is” then working towards restoring a broken relationship?
3. Some relationships require a small amount of work to restore, others are complete rebuilds. Can you think of any current relationships that fit into either category?
4. Discuss how Jesus restored Peter in John 21. Can you think of any practical principles that you can apply when a relationship in your life fractures?
5. Based upon the picture we see in John 21, and the two other verses we looked at in the sermon (1 Peter 4:8; Ephesians 4:32), how do we respond when a relationship fractures (whether they are at fault, you are at fault, or both are at fault)?
Hint – You lavish ________ (fill in the blank)
6. Why is lavishing love so difficult?