Broken Relationships Part 2
Topic: Relationships Passage: Matthew 26:31–26:35, Matthew 26:69–26:75
1. Can you think of a time when a person really let you down? IF you feel comfortable please share with someone what it felt like to have someone you trusted let you down?
2. Can you think of a time when you really let someone else down? Maybe that someone was Jesus, maybe it was a close friend, maybe it was simply yourself. Describe what you felt in that moment. Can you relate to how Peter responded in Matthew 26:75?
3. What are some reasons why we are prone to behave a little like Judas at times and a lot like Peter?
4. Peter was absolutely convinced that he would die for Jesus, but he couldn’t even stay awake for Jesus. Why is it so hard for us to see our own frailty and potential to fail?
5. What does it mean that Jesus isn’t surprised by our failings?
6. Do you find any comfort in knowing that Jesus can personally relate to those who have been wronged and mistreated through His own experiences while on earth? Why or why not?