Broken Relationships Part 1
Topic: Broken Relationships Passage: Matthew 5:21–5:26, Romans 12:18–12:18
1. Can you think of any common clichés that drive you crazy? Are there any clichés that you find helpful?
2. Talk about the phrase “It is what it is.” In view that there are some things in this life that we can’t change, what might be some of the dangers of such a philosophy…especially when it comes to things that we can change?
3. When it comes to broken relationships, share in your own words how God made it possible for us to have a relationship with Him. How did God restore His relationship with humanity?
4. What are some of the ways that our relationships with others can become broken? Do you have any relationships right now that are best described as broken? How can those relationships be restored?
5. In view that we all are guilty of ‘wiping our feet on the door mat of other people’s hearts,’ how might we apply the gospel in our relationships today. Talk about grace, forgiveness, and true tangible love.
6. When you come to worship and you have hurt someone, or someone has been hurt by you…what should you do?