Fear or Faith
Topic: fear Passage: 2 Timothy 3:1–3:17, Ephesians 2:1–2:5
1. What are some of the things that you fear? What are some of the current events that cause fear?
2. When we are being motivated and driven by fear what are some of our responses and temptations? How is fear fed in our daily lives?
3. How does faith differ from fear? How can we feed our faith in a world full of so much suffering and insecurity?
4. In 2 Timothy 3 (:1-5) Paul describes the “last days.” How accurate is that description of our current culture? How are we to be different?
5. Paul provides Timothy 3 principles of living a life that reflects the kingdom of God on earth (1. following Paul’s example, 2. following trustworthy teachers, and 3. Studying and living life according to the scriptures). Discuss these three principles. How can we better live them out today?
6. Please take time to pray for the Christians today that are suffering for their faith. There are Christians around the world today who may have to give their life for the gospel. Pray for missionaries in Dubai that they continue to faithfully preach and teach the gospel in the Middle East.