Stuck in a Rut
Topic: Spiritual Growth Passage: Psalm 119:9–119:16
The 7 “I wills”
1. I will seek God with my whole heart
2. I will store up His word in my heart so that I will not sin.
3. I will be teachable
4. I will declare God’s truth
5. I will delight in God’s word (more than riches)
6. I will meditate on, and fix my eyes on God’s word
7. I will not forget God’s word
1. Have you ever felt like you were stuck in a rut? Maybe you are right now. Share with the group what that feels like. How have you tried to break free of that rut?
2. One of the most frustrating ruts to be in is a spiritual rut. That tired place where your faith journey feels like one series of spiritual commitments after another that doesn’t lead into any true and deep intimacy with God. Can you relate?
3. Describe in your own words how a person can break free from the spiritual rut as described in Psalm 119:9-16
4. Walk through the “I wills” as a group. What seems to get in the way of these “I Wills?”
5. Share with the group about your time in God’s word this week. How has including time in God’s word changed your day/week? (If you are not including God’s word in your life daily, what steps can you take this week to change that?).