God's word is Truth
Topic: God's Word Passage: Psalm 19:7–19:9, 2 Peter 1:20–1:21, 2 Timothy 3:16
1. Describe some of the consequences that have impacted our culture as we drift farther and farther away from God’s truth.
2. Describe how many people outside of the church view the Bible. Does it seem to be important to everyday life? How does that compare, in your opinion, to how the average person in the church views the Bible. Does it seem important to everyday life?
3. Pastor Chris stated that the Creation should send you in search of the Creator. Where do you go to know the Creator? Where do you go to learn about the Savior? Where do you go to learn how to live a holy life?
4. Review Psalm 19:7-9. What are the 6 ways the scriptures are described? What are the 5 ways that the scripture impacts the worshipper as recorded in those verses? What aspects of the word really speak to you? What ways has the word of God proved to be a blessing in your life?
5. Where/when are you going to begin your journey through the Bible? Have you read through the Bible before? Share with the someone your plan to begin/continue your journey through the Bible. Ask this person to hold you accountable. When you get together take the time to ask each other about your time in the word.