Seed and Soil
Topic: Spiritual Growth Passage: Matthew 13:1–13:17
1. Take a moment to indentify the four types of soil. Which soil do you think will produce the best fruit?
2. Pastor Chris spent time in the message talking about what a parable is, and why Jesus used them as a teaching tool. Discuss the different things you learned about parables.
3. The parables served two functions to both reveal and conceal. Discuss how each operated in the lives of those who heard the parables.
4. In the sermon Pastor Chris compared physical seeing, hearing, and understanding with spiritual hearing, seeing, and understanding. Discuss the differences.
5. There was only one soil that produced grain, what kept the others soils from producing fruit?