Out of Control Treadmills
Topic: Love Passage: Luke 10:25–10:29, Luke 10:38–10:42
1. What must a person do to receive eternal life?
2. Describe some of the attempts people make to “earn” eternal life. How does the gospel message differ from those attempts? Discuss the fallacy of earned eternity.
3. The lawyer was able to articulate the two most important commands. What are they?
4. The lawyer felt that he had satisfied these two primary commands. Discuss how he attempted to fulfill the law. Why was it not enough?
5. Describe what it means to love God with all of your heart, soul, mind, and strength in your own words. Pastor Chris made this statement during the message regarding Mary:
Mary was not sitting at the feet of Jesus because there was nothing to be done.
Mary was sitting at the feet of Jesus because it was the most important thing to be done.
Discuss how that concept can be applied in your own life.