Love for the Unwelcome
Topic: God's Love Passage: Mark 2:13–2:17
1. Has there ever been a time in your life where you felt unwelcome? Describe how that made you feel. Have you ever felt unwelcome at church or around Christians? How did that influence your view of church and Jesus?
2. In the beginning of the message pastor Chris mentioned some “scandalous” people. Do you believe that Jesus loves them? Would He spend time with “those” types of people?
3. Describe why Jesus calling Matthew (Levi) to be His disciple would have been considered scandalous?
4. Why were the religious leaders so upset at the party that Matthew (Levi) threw at his house? What was it about Jesus that was so upsetting?
5. Describe how Jesus responded to the accusations. We took a brief look at Luke 15, and discovered that it is far worse than Jesus spending time with sinners…He actually goes looking for them. Describe how this should impact the way that we, as a church, operate?