Topic: God's Love Passage: Psalm 139:1–139:4, John 3:16, 2 Corinthians 5:16–5:19
1. Do you believe when God looks at your life that He sees a masterpiece? What keeps you from seeing yourself that way?
2. Discuss God’s love. God’s love is not cheap but it is scandalous. Discuss the scandalous nature of God’s love.
3. Reflect on the amazing blessing for those who are “in” Christ.
4. Paul went through a radical transformation when he met Christ. He was literally struck with blindness, when he was prayed over and received the Holy Spirit he was given new eyes. How did this transformation change his view of Christ, himself, and others?
5. What does it mean that the “old has passed away; behold, the new has come?” (2 Cor. 5:17). When Christ died on the cross He paid for all sins (past, present and future). When God sees you He no longer sees a “sinner,” but a saint. The goal is not to be a better sinner, but a more loved saint. Discuss.