Ask. Seek. Knock.
Topic: Prayer Passage: James 5:13–5:18, Matthew 7:7–7:11
1. Take a few minutes to discuss the role of prayer in your life personally. Do you feel like prayer could become more central to your Christian journey?
2. What role should prayer take in the Life Group setting? Does it make you feel uncomfortable to pray out loud? What steps could be taken to make prayer a more natural aspect of the Life Group?
3. Jesus literally commands us to keep on asking, keep on seeking, keep on knocking. Describe how we can daily live out these commands. What types of things does Jesus want us to take to Him in prayer? Are there things that are too small/large?
4. One of the great joys in the Christian life is not only praying, but seeing God answer prayer. Can you think of a time when God answered a prayer?
5. During the sermon pastor Chris mentioned 5 things that sabotage prayer. Take opportunity to discuss them:
Things that Sabotage Prayer:
- Not asking (James 4:2)
- Self-Centered prayer (James 4:3)
- Faithless prayer (James 1:5-8)
- Unconfessed Sin (James 5:16)
- Marital disharmony (1 Pet 3:7)