Rest Part 2
Topic: Rest Passage: Genesis 2:1–2:3, Exodus 20:8–20:11, Psalm 127:1–127:2
1. What is the culture’s view of success and how it is achieved? How does this compare with what the Bible teaches on how a life is constructed and protected?
2. Take opportunity to describe your typical week. Do you find it difficult to take time for rest? What seems to get in the way? What can you remove from your schedule to provide more time for rest?
3. Describe your typical sleep patterns. If on average we are to get somewhere between 7-8 hours of sleep a night, how does your typical day compare?
4. We often spend our days/nights worried about tomorrow. How does Matthew 6:25-34 speak to that tendency? What are some observations and principles that you can draw from the text that can be applied to your life right now?
5. The only application from this week is get more sleep. What practical steps will you take to live that out in your daily life? Have you planned your day of rest? When do you plan to set aside a day unto the Lord for worship and restoration?