Topic: Forgiveness Passage: Matthew 18:15–18:34, Ephesians 4:31–4:32
1. What are some of the symptoms or consequences when we harbor unforgiveness in our hearts? (Chris mentioned six…hint Ephesians 4:31)
2. How can we combat the 6 consequences mentioned in Ephesians 4:31? (Hint Eph 4:32)
3. Describe in your own words the forgiveness that Christ offers. Have you received the limitless forgiveness that Christ offers through faith in His death, burial and resurrection? Describe the experience and when/where it happened (ie. When were you saved?).
4. Pastor Chris stated in the message that we are to forgive in direct proportion to the
forgiveness that we have received through Christ. In your opinion, how can that statement be lived out practically in our life? How will that type of forgiveness impact relationships, families, marriage, the church community etc.?
5. What keeps us from extending forgiveness? How can we forgive the big stuff…the little stuff…and all the stuff in between?