Encourage and Build Up One Another
Topic: Community Passage: Hebrews 10:24–10:25, 1 Thessalonians 5:11
A simply worded definition of encouragement might be this: Encouragement is
the kind of expression that helps someone want to be a better Christian, even
when life is rough. Larry Crabb
1. Why is it, in your opinion, so important for “us” (believers in Christ) to gather together often? What gets in the way of that? What steps can, or should be taken, to ensure that there is time in the week to gather with other believers?
2. What is the content of true Christ-Centered encouragement? What are some real practical examples? How does it differ from a cultural view of encouragement?
3. What is God’s will for your life? (Answer is found in 1 Thess. 4:3)
4. Paul states that we are to grow more and more in love for one another and in holiness. What are some practical ways that we can live this out more and more?
5. What are some practical Christ-centered ways that we can encourage one another in
6. Begin to consider how your life group/Upper Room Gathering can continue to meet together
to develop, and grow in, intentional Christ-Centered community.