Topic: Community Passage: Romans 12:4–12:5, 1 Corinthians 12:12–12:13, Colossians 3:11
1. As we begin our series on the importance of “One Another,” how does the metaphor of the body provide a good illustration of Christian Community?
2. Are there any people who should be excluded from the church?
3. How can the church provide an environment that will allow the mosaic of its members to express itself while still remaining united?
4. In contemporary culture, unity and diversity are often used in conjunction with tolerance and acceptance. Are there any issues or perspectives that go against Christ-centered Community? Are there philosophies that we can’t agree on? How can broad cultural and philosophical diversity exist in the church while still experiencing unity?
5. Our first area of emphasis in the “One Another” series will be centered on the command that as believers we are called to love one another. Can you think of any practical ways that love for “One Another” can manifest itself practically?