Firewheel Bible Fellowship is located in Rowlett, Texas. Rowlett is a growing suburb of Dallas just 22 miles from Downtown Dallas. Our location is within walking distance of multiple large established neighborhoods as well as 2 new large housing developments. The Rowlett community offers many parks, city-sponsored events, a recreation center, a water park, a golf course, restaurants, shopping, and more. To learn more about our community visit https://www.rowletttx.gov/
Firewheel Bible Fellowship is an independent, non-denominational, Elder led church. Our core values at Firewheel Bible Fellowship are sound Biblical teaching, intentional discipleship, and loving community. Our mission is to be a Christ-centered, gospel-focused church.
Learn more about our doctrinal statement at https://www.firewheelfellowship.com/what-we-believe
Firewheel is a casual environment, where you will be loved as you are and encouraged to get connected and grow in your relationship with God and others. On Sunday mornings we offer Bible study classes, Children and Youth Ministries and one Worship Service. There are midweek activities for adults, youth and children.
You can learn more about us at https://www.firewheelfellowship.com/
Lead Pastor Position:
Job Title: Lead Pastor
Reports To: Elders
Purpose: The Lead Pastor of Firewheel Bible Fellowship is the primary teacher and spiritual leader of the congregation and staff. He will shepherd the congregation and speak the truth boldly. His role as pastor includes strategic planning, teaching, mentoring staff, and ensuring the overall health of the church. The Lead Pastor is to serve under the authority of the Elders in overseeing the life and direction of the church. The Lead Pastor is a voting member of the Board of Elders. The Lead Pastor will have a firm grasp on the mission, values, and doctrine of the church. The Lead Pastor will ensure that the systems, practices, and policies of the church effectively support its ministry activities. The Pastor will set as a guideline of personal behavior the standard required in I Timothy 3:1-7, I Peter 5:1-4 and Titus 1:1-16.
The ideal candidate is someone who:
- Has strong character that is evidenced by the fruit of the Spirit. Someone who is a man of integrity, faithful, honest, humble, even-tempered, self-controlled, and above reproach.
- Affirms and embraces the mission, values, beliefs, doctrine, and theology of Firewheel Bible Fellowship. See https://www.firewheelfellowship.com/missionandvalues and https://www.firewheelfellowship.com/what-we-believe.
- Has very strong leadership skills – both strategic and day-to-day operational.
- Is an excellent communicator – with the congregration, staff and elders.
- Works in a collaborative manner with staff and elders.
- Helps to set a direction for the church and is consistent in moving in that direction.
- Plans and executes programs in teaching and discipleship.
- Loves God’s Word and is committed to sound Biblical teaching – Expository teaching.
- Has experience in creating processes that help to shepherd first time guests as they become committed brothers and sisters in Christ who are ingrained in the life of the church
Additional requirements. The candidate will be someone who:
- Has experience building systems within the church that foster community (e.g. Small Groups)
- Has at least 3-5 years of experience in a Lead Pastor position – or as an associate Pastor at a larger church
- Has a minimum of a Master’s Degree from an accredited Christian College or Seminary that is in line with Firewheel’s doctrine
- Is family oriented
- Will pass an in-depth background check and credit check
Responsibilities and duties will include:
Vision & Mission:
- Champion of the mission and vision of Firewheel Bible Fellowship and its ministry. He motivates the church body to fulfill this mission through his words and his example.
- Leads the staff in seeking God’s direction and discerning God’s plan for Firewheel. He effectively communicates this plan to staff and the church body.
- He provides insight and evaluation of the effectiveness of Firewheel’s mission to its staff and Board of Elders. He provides direction to ensure successful ministry and achievement of the vision.
Preaching and Teaching:
- He will be the primary preacher/teacher for Firewheel Bible Fellowships worship services.
- Coordinate the scheduling of associate pastors / pastoral staff, missionaries, or outside speakers. The lead pastor is expected to devote adequate time and research in providing Biblically sound
- He is to shepherd the congregation and speak truth boldly.
Staff supervision and development:
- Provides oversight of staff and leaders, and evaluates, and mentors existing staff in their respective areas of ministry.
- Provides leadership to the staff in the design and implementation of all church ministries.
- Maintains efficient and effective lines of communication between the staff and elders.
- Conducts performance evaluations and provides ongoing informal performance feedback.
- Oversee the pastoral care needs of the congregation and, as necessary, share with other ministers in hospital visitation, home visits, counseling, marriages, and funerals.
- Pray diligently for the church community and to build relationships with the congregation to know their needs and provide care.
If you are interested in being a part of our future, please submit a letter of interest and your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Selected candidates will receive a follow-up questionnaire and a background check will be required for candidates chosen for an interview. All respondents to this posting will be contacted by a representative of Firewheel regarding their status in the process. The salary for this position is negotiable.