Safety & Environment
An important goal of MISSION 22:6 is to provide a safe, secure and loving environment so that parents are comfortable leaving their children in our care. Therefore, we have strict policies to ensure that while your child is in our care they are safe.
Prior to being placed in a ministry position all volunteers must have a completed and approved background check. Once approved every volunteer is expected to adhere to the following policies, or they will be dismissed from their ministry position:
- All volunteers must wear a badge when serving.
- All volunteers must immediately report people wandering around or suspicious activity to a staff member.
- All children ages 0-2 must be changed by a female volunteer in the presence of another volunteer. All children ages 2-10 must go to the restroom in pairs.
- Volunteers must check the restroom before the child enters, then wait in the hallway in order to escort the child back to the classroom.
- All volunteers must match the security tag of the parent to the security tag of the child prior to releasing the child from their care.
Well Child Environment
In order to ensure the health of all children and volunteers we cannot accept a child with:
- green runny nose
- persistent cough
- vomiting or diarrhea within the previous 24 hours
- sore throat
Should these symptoms appear during class, parents will be notified immediately.